Monday, March 23, 2015

Blue for the birthday girl


I can't believe I'm no longer a teen but before I go crazy emotional (birthday blues), I wanna share what I've learned in my 20 years of existence so far. I've been through a lot and I can't imagine how I was able to survive every challenges that was thrown to me but I'm so thankful that I did. So here are the 20 lessons that I'm talking about...


1. Experience is the best teacher.


2. The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday.
3. It's okay to make mistakes sometimes.
Learn from them.


4. It may sound cliche but.. Yes, Everything happens for a reason.
You may not know it right away, but you will.. eventually.


5. It's not bad to love yourself too much.
6. Always choose happiness.


7. Make them wonder. :)
8. Always give your 100% in everything that you do.
There might be no next time.


9. A simple good morning can really make someone's day.
10. Hard times will always reveal true friends.


11. Accept the things that you cannot change.
12. Leave the past behind so you can move on and see bigger and better things.
13. Don't rush in love.
Trust God's perfect timing. :) Don't rush, someday you'll find someone who'll give you a dozen of roses and butterflies in your stomach. Someone who'll make you feel special and the most beautiful girl in the world. If you haven't met that person yet, it's okay. You will someday. Just enjoy first what you have right now. :)
14. God will not give you something you can't handle.


15. Get out of your comfort zone.
It's nice to experience something different once in a while. Believe me :)
16. You DON'T need to explain yourself to other people.


17. Take r i s k s.
Take every chance. 
18. Spend some time alone.
This will give you a chance to reflect on different things that happened to you. It's also nice to have some "me" time cause as for me,  I love to shop and visit nail salons and I don't know if it's just me or what but I prefer to do those things alone. :)
19. Family first.
Your family will always be by your side to support you in every step that you make, to laugh with you when you're happy or even to cry with you when you're sad.
20. Always be thankful.
There is always something to be grateful for. There are a lot of things that we usually take for granted. Look around you, appreciate every little thing that you have and you'll see how lucky you are. 
BLUE ROMPER QUEEN BOULEVARD (@queenboulevard on IG) | KNITTED CARDIGAN COMEANDGETIT | NECKLACE CINDERELLA
Photos by: Shin Condes